10 Tips For Who Wants to Sell Property in Moot, Pretoria
When property buyers come to view your property, you may think it is more friendly to accompany them and chat while they walk around your property.
Property Practitioners advice is that you complete the disclosure form before your home is listed. Then, on viewing days, you should briefly welcome any property buyers your real estate agent brings around before disappearing into the background.
Unless the property buyer ask you a specific question, for instance, whether there are schools or shops nearby, that’s good not to volunteer any information about the neighbourhood.
In particular, below there is few topics you should never bring up:
- How quiet or busy the neighbourhood is. Property buyers may not be looking for the same atmosphere or activities that you do.
- How many children are there in the area, or how close your home is to the schools. Not everyone has school going children or wants to live near a school.
- How many prospective property buyers have been to view your property. They might wonder why they should want it if none of the other viewers made an offer.
- How beautiful your temple, church or synagogue is. It’s good not to mention religion to strangers.
- When last you have renovated the property. The kitchen you revamped a year ago might look outdated to viewers with different tastes.
- Why are you selling your property, such as moving to a big / smaller home. If property buyers have a similar family structure, they may think your home is small for them or too big and expensive to run.
- Your recent divorce or the death of a family member that has prompted you to sell. Many buyers may be put off by this sort of information.
- The fact that you are moving overseas or to another town or have already bought another home. Buyers may think you need to sell quickly, so you will be more inclined to accept a lower price.
Estate Agent / Property Practitioner
A reliable estate agent with experience in moot area should be able to give you useful tips on the best ways to communicate with prospective property buyers.