National Certificate: Environmental Practice
Purpose of Qualification
The specific purpose of this qualification represents the skills, knowledge and values required by competent practitioners to:
- Operate and maintain machinery and equipment and use resources in an environmentally responsible manner
- Apply basic principles and tools of environmental practice to avoid, minimize or remedy negative environmental impacts
What do I become upon completion of the course?
- Environmental management
- Waste management
- Conservation manager.
Am I the right person for this qualification?
The qualification is suitable for learners who:
- Have attended courses and then apply the knowledge gained to activities in a workplace or in a community, or
- Are already workers and have acquired the skills and knowledge without attending formal courses, or
- Are already active in the community and have acquired the skills and knowledge without attending formal courses, or
- Participate in skills programs and appropriate work experience or community work, or
- Are part of a learner ship program which integrates structured learning and work experience, or
- Acquire their learning through any combination of the above.
What do I need for registration?
Learners should be competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 2
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 2.
The PID training approach is highly interactive. A combination of presentations is used by the facilitator and by participant(s). The learners have an opportunity for exposure to a variety of methodologies such as group or individual exercises, case studies and role plays. These proven learning techniques enhance understanding and retention of the different focus issues.
Blended Learning Approach
Petra Institute of Development uses mostly Blended Learning Approach which involves using a variety of instructional resources and teaching methods in order to deliver content in multiple ways such as Distance Learning, Online Learning and Contact Learning.